YOUR WEBSITE = YOU
When you meet people for the first time, the way you speak gives them an idea of who you are. Your words, tone of voice and ability to convey a clear message help others understand what you can offer them.
Online, your website is your representative. The words you fill it with are your brand voice – every word, sentence and paragraph combines to create a lasting impression of your business.
THREE COMMON MISTAKES
There are some genuinely terrible websites out there. In fact, we could probably write a book on the subject. But you’re busy, so we’ll just tell you about three of the most common mistakes we’ve seen businesses make:
- Over-selling: ‘Buy buy buy’ is not an appealing message - as advertising guru David Ogilvy always advised, it’s better to sell your benefits than your products or services.
- Buzzwords: Your product is ‘unique’, your process is ‘strategic’, your service is ‘innovative’ - just like everyone else’s. Banish those buzzwords!
- Poor punctuation and grammar: If you can’t tell your ‘there’ from your ‘their’ (and it’s ok if you can’t), find someone who can and at least get them to proof read your website.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Not everyone has a way with words. We get that. Which is why it makes sense to have us write your web copy while you get on with the stuff you’re good at.
As well creating compelling content to drive your brand message, we’ll also think about:
- Accessible copy layout - including subheads, bullets and pull quotes to maximise scannability on the page.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) - working with you or your web team to include your chosen key words and phrases.
- Clear calls to action - so visitors make the right moves after hearing what you have to say.
By combining these professional tricks with straightforward great writing, we’re confident we can get your customers and clients excited about your brand and maximise your chance of winning new business leads online.
Our process usually works like this:
- During an initial meeting, Skype or phone call, we’ll discuss your business goals and copy requirements, before quoting you a fair price for the job.
- Once you’ve decided to go ahead, we’ll have a more in-depth briefing to gather the information we require to create your website, from the clients you’re aiming at to the key messages your site needs to convey.
- Our team - all of whom are professionally trained journalists and copywriters - will then turn the concept we’ve discussed into compelling web copy, crafted with online reading habits and search engine optimisation (SEO) in mind.
- After your feedback, we will make any necessary amends and present you with the final copy. We’ll even give it a final proof read once it’s been uploaded to your website, just to make sure everything still reads as it should.
Get in touch today to discuss how we can help turn your website into an effective online representation of your brand.