"Over 100 million unique members log on to LinkedIn every month - and any one of them could be your next client, employer or business partner."
More than Social Media
While your Facebook profile is probably full of holiday photos and your Twitter feed made up of entertaining 140-character sound bites, LinkedIn is the place to show people what makes you great at your job.
Unlike your CV, a LinkedIn profile is interactive. It allows you to network with people directly through messages, comments and group discussions, making it useful for communication as well as finding your next career move or promoting your business.
In addition to individual profiles, you can also create company pages to give your business a distinct platform where potential customers and clients - not to mention suppliers, referral partners and other useful contacts - can get more information.
Here are a few other things you might not know about using LinkedIn:
- LinkedIn has more than 400 million registered members.
- A professional photo makes your LinkedIn profile 14 times more likely to be found.
- 94% of recruiters use LinkedIn to vet candidates.
- More than 50% of hiring managers are put off by bad spelling / grammar in a LinkedIn profile.
- ‘Responsible’, ‘strategic’ and ‘effective’ are among the top 10 most overused buzzwords on LinkedIn.
How we can help
To make a good impression through your LinkedIn profile you have to do more than list your qualifications. You need to tell your story, convey your personality and ultimately convince people that you’re the kind of person they want to work with.
How do you do that, if writing isn’t one of the skills your contacts are likely to endorse you for? Easy - let us help.
As a team of professional journalists and copywriters, interviewing people is something we’re incredibly good at (if we do say so ourselves). All you need to do is have a friendly chat with us, and we’ll turn your charming real life personality into an expertly written LinkedIn profile that communicates your unique qualities to the people you want to work with.
Our process usually works like this:
- During an initial meeting, Skype or phone call, we’ll discuss your career or business, and hone in on any areas of expertise you’d particularly like to promote.
- Once you’ve decided to go ahead, we’ll have a more in-depth briefing to create your perfect LinkedIn profile, from the ideal contacts you’d like to make to the personality you want to get across online.
- Our team – all of whom are professionally trained journalists and copywriters – can then get to work writing a standout profile for you or your business, striking the right balance of personality and professionalism.
- After your feedback, we will make any necessary amends and even upload your profile for you if you’d like us to.
Contact us today to find out how we can turn profile views into valuable connections.