How Rin Hamburgh became Rin Hamburgh & Co
Watch our short video to find out - and discover why we think you’ll love working with us.
Who is Rin Hamburgh?
Good question. There’s plenty I could tell you about myself, but you’re not looking for an autobiography, are you? Here are some of the highlights. If you want to know anything else, just ask.
Qualifications and experience:
- I have a degree in Management with Japanese Studies from Royal Holloway (University of London), and a postgrad qualification in Magazine Journalism from Cardiff University.
- I completed my professional NCTJ journalism training at The Western Mail, progressing from news trainee to features correspondent and ultimately women’s editor.
- I’ve been freelance since 2010, and have had bylines in publications ranging from The Guardian to Psychologies magazine to Mollie Makes.
- I’m a qualified teacher, with a PGCE (Distinction) from the University of the West of England, and have done stints as a prison tutor, university lecturer, and media trainer.
- I have worked as a copywriter for clients ranging from start ups to multinationals, covering subjects as diverse as personal training, Cornish festivals and salvage arbitration.
For a full CV, check out my LinkedIn profile.
- I was born in Cape Town, South Africa, to an English mum and an Austrian dad.
- I have completed NaNoWriMo, and still harbour dreams of publishing a novel.
- I once interviewed Gethin Jones in his pants (I’ll tell you about it some time if you ask nicely).
- I am the proud mum of twin girls, born November 2015 and weighing 9lb between them.
- I was one of the judges for Miss Wales 2008 - Big Brother’s Glyn Wise was another.
- The ampersand is my favourite punctuation mark, closely followed by the semi-colon.
How does Rin Hamburgh & Co work?
Freelancers get booked up. Agencies are expensive. Rin Hamburgh & Co sits nicely in the middle, giving you the best of both worlds. Because we only bring in the people we need for each project, we can keep costs reasonable. But our team structure means we can also meet the tightest of deadlines.
As a client, you’ll always deal directly with me (Rin!) - I oversee each project personally, guaranteeing the high standards you’d expect from someone with 12 years’ experience writing for the national media and a wide range of businesses. And because each job has two amend stages built in automatically, you can be sure the finished product will be exactly what you’re after.
Fact or fake?
Which of the following items is not on Rin’s bucket list?
- Pet a real live giraffe
- Eat clam chowder in Maine
- Knit a pair of socks
- Go skydiving
- Give a TED talk
What do you reckon? To find out, sign up for our monthly newsletter and all will be revealed.